So, first off, let’s get this out of the way: a million mea culpas for being out of the action for a rather long time. I wish I had a better excuse, but unfortunately it’s just work. Work, work, work and more work. In addition to the work that pays the bills, there’s been lots more time in the gym paying for the sins that first and business travel bring (aka, getting my fat ass back into shape.)
But, with lots of work comes lots of stories, and I have at least two posts that I owe you:
1) A week in Stockholm, where I ran a conference and managed to pull a newbie first: losing my wallet when I was responsible for all the bills of the conference. Lots of good stories in this one…
2) A week in Shanghai for work, with lots of firsts for me. Despite being to every country, I always felt my China experiences needed to be expanded, so this definitely helped.
On top of those, I have a bit of travel coming up…ok more than a bit:
1) A trip to Cairo, Abu Dhabi, South Africa, Zimbabwe, with just a touch of Germany
2) A far less common corner of Germany (and a new one for me) with a side-trip to play tourist in Saudi Arabia. You read that right…
3) Winter in Chernobyl, then up to Lithuania and Latvia (two places where I want to “improve” my visits) followed by the train to Kaliningrad, bus to Gdansk, and finally train to Berlin.
4) Some really juicy “unrecognized country” travel, which you’ll have to wait for details on…
Oh, and this is all in the next 90 days….sit back, because….I’m baaaaaack!